Road traffic accidents occur all-too frequently. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that in 2009, more than 2.3 million adult passengers and drivers received emergency treatment due to injuries received in a motor vehicle crash.
If you are injured in an auto accident, by taking the following simple measures, you can help maximize your chances of recovery in a claim.
- Call the police and obtain a copy of the report.
- Seek medical treatment and get a copy of the medical report — for severe injuries, you may need urgent medical care, but even if your injuries appear to be minor, you should make a note of your symptoms and see a doctor as soon as you can.
- Take lots of photos of the accident site — your cell phone camera is sufficient.
- Exchange insurance information and contact details with other drivers involved in the accident.
- Take down contact details for any witnesses.
- Make a note of what happened while your memory is still fresh.
- Report the accident to your insurer.
- Keep a record of any time you need to take off work.
- Keep relevant invoices or receipts.
Contact Butler & Flynn today
If you were injured in an auto accident, obtaining the right legal representation is very important. Contact a savvy and passionate civil litigation attorney at Butler & Flynn PLLC to help ensure you receive fair compensation.